X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteSouthern hospitality (r)

more_horiz
JJ was heartbroken for her friends and the loss of the house. She couldnt understand why she never saw this coming. She was frustrated with herself and her powers. She was also worn out from teleporting. It took alot of energy to teleport herself let alone 2 people. 

Jj was now at a diner in a hole in the wall town with remy. They were staying at a cheap motel nearby. All they had was a backpack each. She rested her head on her hand while she picked at her blackened catfish. A delicacy in the south. Normally she would be eatting like a football team while nonstop chattering. Now she was too tired and frustrated with herself too. She felt guilty and responsible for everyone getting scattered to the winds.

descriptionCompleteRe: Southern hospitality (r)

more_horiz
Remy had a place in the mansion and although he would come and go it was his little home away from home, and he knew how much that place meant to his girl, he had friends there, family, leaving them behind sucked but it wasn't anything he wasn't used to he'd be in the guild one day and then back at the mansion the next, but this was different, this time it wasn't for business or pleasure it was to keep JJ and him alive. 

He looked at the girl picking at her food, the poor thing just wasn't herself and it took a lot to make The cajun theif upset, and seeing his JJ like this made his heart throb (In the most manly way of course) "Femme, there ain' nothin else we coulda done. We just gotta except dat and move on." He ran one hand through her hair and in the other hand he had his phone, confirming with the guild members that they would be staying at one of the many safe houses, he would never admit it but he was just as distraught as Jenica.

more_horiz
She continued to pick at her catfish. She just couldnt seem to find her appetite. It frustrated to no end. She tried to smile but it only came as a sad smile. She looked at him and shrugged. "I should have seen something remy. He got around my precog and i have no idea how. Im trying to watch futures but its so mixed up now and crazy that i cant see anything clearly in any futures." She hated to admit it but powerwise she was flying blind right now. She took a few bites and put her fork down. "Sorry darlin. Just not hungry. Im really tired though. That was alot of teleporting."

more_horiz
He looked at his girl and tried to hide his hurt, he wasn't the greatest at emotions, if Remy was frustrated it was pretty easy to tell, it was almost surprising he was so good at poker when his poker face got completely lost when around his loved ones. He could only imagine how difficult it had to be for JJ to be going without her pre-cog powers, especially at a time like this, but he had to do all that he could to make her feel ok, " look, I got us a place ta stay fo' a few nights an' it ain' dat far from here, we gon' be hidden in plain sight, why don' we get de cat in a doggy bag fo' ya an ya can eat it when ya appetite comes back. Dat sound ok mon cher" The safe house he was referring to just so happened to be the same house he was raised in, he was sure to be haunted by old memories but being there with JJ would make up for that.

more_horiz
Jj nodded obediently. She requested a togo container and packaged up her lunch. She wished she had more of an appetite. She really did love the food. She was just so worried and tired. "That sounds amazing baby. I am exhuasted. All that teleporting zapped me. Maybe if i can get some rest and sleep i will feel better and i can start searching futures again." She rested her head on his arm and ywned . tiredly. "Ill blame myself if we loose anyone and i dont see it coming. "

more_horiz
He gently stroked her blonde hair with his callused hand, and smiled when she yawned, "Let's go mon femme, I tink someone's getting tired, non?" he chuckled and pulled out his wallet and placed a 20 dollar bill on the bar, paying for JJ's meal (and a tip, he was feeling generous today), of course if he wanted to they could've pulled a dine and dash, it wasn't all that difficult. The  many Bourbon street bars and restaurants always got flooded with customers about this time so blending into a crowd and just walking away shouldn't have been an issue, hell he could've charmed the waitress into letting them have their meal for free! But Remy and Louisiana always had a history, a dysfunctional love affair, everytime he'd come down here he'd always end up getting himself in some type of trouble, it was his nature. However this time he wasn't just taking care of himself, he had JJ with him, and he would make it his priority to stay out of trouble for her. He got off the bar stool and turned his back to JJ motioning for her to hop on "Remy Etienne Lebeau at ya' service, chere" he said with his lip quirked into a charming grin, he didn't want the girl to have to walk she was already exhausted and he hadn't worked out a ride just yet, so traveling by piggy back seemed to be his best option.

more_horiz
" Im sorry babe but yes. Im exhausted. Ive never ported so far before nor have i taken another that far before either. I am ready to crash." She smiled at him tiredly and watched him pay. She was the luckiest girl  in the world to have him. She wouldnt have made it so far without him.

When he came back for her she made no move to resist his offer. Instead she climbed onto his back piggy back style. She nuzzled against his back and yawned. " Lets go get some rest Rem. When i feel a bit better maybe we can try to find the others... or do other stuff."

more_horiz
He gave a chuckle as they walked down the busy streets of New Orleans "Well mom cher I will do anyting ta make ya happy, but first ya need ya beauty sleep." he smiled as he walked with the girl on his back, he was careful to make sure the ride wasn't too bumpy for her as he walked to the safe house.

It seemed like forever as they made the trek from Bourbon Street to the back roads, when they reached the house it was exactly the way Remy remembered it when he was just a pup, it was just as big and overwhelming as the first time he came here with Jean-Luc, this was home. It was an old plantation house, the white paint was cracking from age, it was hidden behind massive trees and tucked away where no one would dare to look, many knew it was guild territory and people knew better then to mess with it. In order to gain access inside all Remy had to do was flash the watchmen his ace of spades card, he fished it out of his coat pocket and showed it to the guards "De girls wit' me, de MRD are on our tails but we lost 'em, Jean-Luc knows we here." The guards nodded and allowed the thief and the blonde clinging to his back entrance, he walked up the stairs to the room that used to be his, when he stepped inside it was exactly how he left it, playboy posters and all. He laid the blonde down on the bed and tucked her in, and placing a kiss on her forehead. He watched her for a moment, she was so beautiful and he didn't deserve someone as amazing as her. He was scumbag, she was perfect.

more_horiz
JJ was light. Very light. She was easy to carry. With the heat from the sun and the little food in her tummy she fell asleep before they even made it to the house. She fell asleep listening to the sound of his breathing through his back. Even with his breathing a little harder from carrying her it was still soothing. His very smell was of comfort to her.

Laying in his bed she looked truly exhausted. Teleporting them both here had been exhausting. She hadnt even been able to make it in one port. She had to "puddle jump" all the way here. She had dark circles around her eyes. To put it simply, she looked like shit. At least she had remy to take care of her.

She didnt even wake up when he laid her down. She simply rolled onto her side and curled up in a ball. It was a habit from the future. There hadnt been much space to sleep alot of the time. Even with plenty of space she still made herself small as possible. She laid there breathing deeply with sleep.

more_horiz
Remy sat on the edge of his bed and gently ran his fingers through her long, blonde hair and watched as she quickly drifted to sleep, he thought about joining her, but he had far too much on his mind, being back here made him feel a little... Uneasy. So much had happened to him here, Bella-Donna happened here. The more he looked at Jenica the more he saw Bella, the blonde hair, those beautiful blue eyes, Remy gave a small sigh and cursed under his breath. He was gonna drive himself insane if he was left here alone with just his girl and his thoughts.

He tucked JJ under the covers and kissed forehead, he looked at her one last time before he walked out the door and gave a sad smile "Gambit'll be back soon mon cher." he whispered under his breath before turning to exit the room and closing the door behind him, the guild would protect her, he was after all their king. Besides he needed to clear his head right now and alcohol was one of his few friends in this town.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum