X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionI'm coming home (nc17) EmptyI'm coming home (nc17)

more_horiz
I'm coming home (nc17) Biltmore_Mansion

Arabella had done a hurtful thing to her friends and family. She left them all back in America. With Chris being gone it was too painful to be there anymore. She thought she could handle it but in reality she was just too fucked up. She was 17 with a newborn. A premie newborn. She loved Claire because it was all she had left of Christopher but at the same time thats why it hurt so much to look at her. It was like as soon as she was born she sunk into the deepest depression she had ever been in. Deeper than when she was first told her powers were killing her.

Once the jet arrived back in England she went back to the Adair mansion she and numerous Adairs had grown up in. Normal people could only wish to live in this kind of luxury. The staff had maintained the house while the Adairs were away. Her sisters were home from their latest modeling tour but she avoided them as much as she did before. They werent close like she and Alec were. Alec was going to be so mad. She didnt care anymore.

At home she let a nanny care for Claire most of the time. She still spent time with her daughter but she felt so numb. She had tea with Queen Elizabeth, a friend of the family and one that was quite fond of Arabella. When she wasnt doing either of those things she was out on one of the many balconies reading or just staring out at the estate.

descriptionI'm coming home (nc17) EmptyRe: I'm coming home (nc17)

more_horiz
Alec entered the front entrance of the estate and tossed his jacket to the butler like he didn't notice the man was a human being. After all, he and bella were a duke and duchess. They were very long down the line for the throne. Like a hundred people had to die before them. 

He felt a little refreshed since screwing his boyfriend on the plane. Despite the jet lag he still wanted to slap his sister silly for scaring him and making them travel for two days to find her. 

He turned to a woman that was rushing up to them and barked orders in her face. "Miss delphi and mr jake will share a room. Do as they ask. They are family. Mr. Colton will be staying in my room. Now where is my sister!" He spoke authoritative and the woman jumped when he raised his voice. She also raised an eyebrow when he grabbed colton's hand. 

more_horiz
Jake was hesitant to fully trust Alec since he beat the shit out of him but at least he seemed to be feeling better. In america the guy had acted like a lost dweeb. Here in his big mansion he was a whole different person. He was strutting around like a peacock and throwing orders like royalty. He had to admit he was nice that he called them family. And a room alone with Del sounded equally nice. First he had to see Bells and Claire. Then he could rest easily with his girlfriend.

more_horiz
Chris had been spending a great deal of time traveling trying to recruit mutants against the MRD and had some amount of success though it became apparent to him that he was neglecting his family and friends. They likely thought him dead and with good reason. It wasn't as if he'd contacted any of them to let them know that he hadn't died at the mansion attack. He'd just been so focused on vengeance and hitting the MRD back hard to put them away for good that he'd not thought of much else.

Realizing his error, he sought out Arabella and the others. First, he traveled to Tampa which had been the last place he was aware of that Jake had taken them but it was to no avail. There was no trace of anyone there and he found himself at a loss up until it dawned on him that they may be in England. It was a long shot and a risk for him to travel there, but it was worth it to him if he found them.

He arrived at the Adair Mansion a few days later and admired the exterior for a few moments before using his power to levitate over the fence and onto the grounds. Moving to the door, he felt it more polite to knock rather than just barge in. After all, he still had no way of knowing for certain that his friends were there.

more_horiz
A maid answered the door. She looked to be about chris's age but the professional way she held herself could make her look older. In her arms was a very small, dark haired, sleeping infant. 

The maid smiled and spoke cheerfully. "Oh ello lovely. You must be one of Duchess Arabella and Duke Alec's friends. The others are in the foyer. Come on in and pardon me being so rude sir. Id gather your things but as you can see my arms are full with a very special young duchess.The butler with get your things shortly." She stepped back so that he could walk into the extravagant house.

more_horiz
Chris had never been called lovely before and suspected that it was just an English greeting of some form. Hearing that everyone else was there brought reassurance to him, however, and he couldn't help but smile softly at the news. He stepped inside once she invited him in though his eyes quickly fell on the baby in her arms to which she referenced as a special young duchess.

He couldn't explain how, but he knew almost immediately that it was his baby she was holding onto. The young man didn't need anyone to tell him so, he just felt it in his gut like an assurance he couldn't otherwise explain. It was the first time he'd laid eyes on Claire and she was just as beautiful as her mother if not moreso, though he'd never admit it to Arabella.

"Thanks," he replied to the woman, "I don't have any belongings with me, just my coat." He looked back down at the baby and smiled. "I don't want to sound pressing, but may I hold her? I'm her father."

more_horiz
The maid looked at him confused for a moment then it seemed to hit her. Even Secrets were not secrets in this house. The family may be loaded to the gills and royal somewhere down the line but they were still humans and they still screwed up. Alot.

The maid nodded and smiled slowly as she handed the child over. " So its you. You are the one the duchess fancies. I do say sir, the child looks more like you than her. I may speak out of turn... so forgive me, but theres no way little Claire could have ever ended up poorly looking with such fine parents. Will you do me a favor sir...."

She looked around the hallway before grabbing the sleeve of his shirt. " Do come with me. Its very important. The Duchess, she barely eats, she barely sleeps, and she barely talks. Even when Her majesty comes for tea. She wont hold the little one unless she has to. Maybe you can talk to her?"

She explained these things as she walked. She led him through the house which seemed more like a maze. It was a wonder how she navigated the massive home. Some of the rooms hadnt seen guests in years.

She stopped at a bedroom with a white door with silver trim. She knocked on the door before cracking it open and poking her head in. " Duchess Arabella, ma'am. I have someone to see you. Its very important. please?"

Ari was sitting out on the balcony with the doors open. A breeze blew the curtains every so often. She sat in a very ornate chair in a dress that probably costed more than some cars in america. She sat with her back to the bedroom. Her voice sounded dull and lifeless. " Not today Hilda. Just... give her a bottle." She said as she continued to stare out at the property.

more_horiz
Chris took Claire into his arms and instantly felt different than he had before. It was like no other experience he'd ever been through in his life. Holding his own child was just so perfect and as he gazed down at her, he found her so perfect but also so delicate that he knew he'd do anything to protect his little girl. A smile crept across his face as he held her but he was soon tugged along by the maid. He listened to her speak as they walked through the massive mansion and realized where they were going. If what the maid said was true, then Arabella was in a bad way and needed help.

Once they arrived at her room, he quietly stepped in behind the maid and walked over toward Arabella, giving the maid a quick glance to let her know that it was okay for her to leave as he was sure she had other things to do for the day. Chris turned back to his fiancee and finally spoke up. "She's not hungry right now, Ari. But she does want to see her mother."

more_horiz
Ari smiled a pained smile and closed her eyes as the wind blew through her hair. "Ive finally taken that last step into insanity. Im hearing voices now."

Ari had spent more than her fair share of nights crying herself to sleep. Seeing her friends and brother happy in their own little couples. Having their loved ones close. Knowing they are safe and alive. Meanwhile she had to face the fact that chris probably died in the house so that she could get claire out. 

She made a sniffling sound and a few tears began to fall. She didnt know what scared her more. That she was loosing her mind or that she was hearing chris. 

more_horiz
Chris heard her words and shook his head If she thought herself insane, she was horribly mistaken as there was nothing to ground such a thought in. He was there alive and well with their daughter in his arms and she needed to snap out of whatever trance she'd put herself into during his time away.

"Turn around and look at me," he stated, "you need to pull yourself together and realize what's happening."

more_horiz
Ari sat still for a while. Long enough that one might have thought she had fallen asleep. She wanted to do as he said but she was so scared that he wouldnt be there if she looked. 

She had to suck it up and take the chance. If it meant seeing him again it was worth the risk. 

She slowly stood up. The way she stood looked like it hurt. And it did a bit. Claire had only been born maybe 4 days ago with no medical assistance. On top of that ari had barely been eatting. Her body lacked nutrients. 

She turned around and looked at him. Stared at him from the balcony. She was studying every feature of him, trying to figure out if he was real or not. When she was sure it was him her hands went over her mouth and she inhaled sharply. "We waited. I held out hope for a long time. Then i started to believe them. You-you were dead."

She stepped closer. She may have been wearing an incredibly expensive dress but she was barefoot. She still looked frail as ever. He knew ari was a tough lil lady. 

"You really are alive. Thank god." She melted at the sight of Claire in his arms. "I want you to meet your daughter. Claire barely ever cries. She's been stronger than i have. She looks like you."

more_horiz
Alec was preparing to retire with Colton when he noticed Hilda scurrying off down a side hallway. Hilda had always been fond of his sister during her employment with the family. 

He excused himself from the group in the foyer and went directly to Arabella's room. She had a beautiful room. Out of the entire family hers was the most individual. Bookshelves lined most of the wall space. One of them opened up to a soundproof room for her to record her cello. 

When he burst into her room he found his sister looking frail but alive. Next to her was him. The one to make his blood boil. In his arms was Alec's newborn niece. "I should have known I'd find you here after all of the hard parts were over!" 

more_horiz
In the foyer of the real life Disney castle where her and her friends were gathered Delphi was mostly quiet. It wasn't because she didn't have anything to say, she did, but she was stuck in her head. It was something that happened a lot when she was mute, she had all these things to say but she couldn't say them to anyone. It was different now though because she could say whatever she had on her mind outloud, but right now, there was just so much going on and she hadn't even gotten a chance to internalize it all.

They were in London, England, to see her best friend who just had a child, she didn't know what was up with her brother, where he was or anything on his whereabouts. She was scared and drained but she couldn't admit it or say it because she couldn't bring herself to.... And it sucked. For so long she'd been passive, tuning things out because it was the easy thing to do and when she did intervene it felt like she was only making matters worse. This was her life right now and she couldn't bring herself to say anything because she felt like she'd say the wrong thing. It was like the voice she thought would finally solve all her problems was becoming a burden.

She wanted to sleep and just have Jake hold her, maybe she'd feel better in the morning she did want to see Bella though. Alec bolting down the hall without any warning though made it seem like now would be a bad time to visit her friend. She wasn't sure if she should follow Alec or not, she didn't know what the emergency was or even if there was one, maybe the best thing for her right now was to just sit this out and hope for the best.

more_horiz
Chris stood there as she stood to her feet and turned to look at him from the balcony. He heard her words and knew it had to have been difficult for her to go about her days not knowing what had become of him at the mansion. "I don't die that easily. Besides that, I had to take the long way around to get to Tampa and when I got there, no one else was so I had to board a plane which, in my position, is risky but worth it. I'm glad to be here with you and Claire."

He smiled down at Claire as Ari spoke of her and he shook his head softly, "She's got your eyes. My nose, but your eyes. She's got to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Ari." Chris was overjoyed at being a father, but knew MRD wanted Claire's DNA and that it would take all of her family and friends to protect her from them because he wasn't sure if he could trust his own powers after all that had happened at the mansion days before.

When Alec walked in, Chris couldn't help but sigh and roll his eyes. He turned around to the other man and furrowed his brows in frustration. "I've been trying to dodge the MRD. Remember how I was the one that bought you and Colton time to escape. I'm public enemy number one with them and I did it for all of you and you thank me by jumping down my throat first thing? You wanna talk about hard? Try crawling through a sewer with Lakai flirting with you for two days. Then you can scream at me, but don't you even start with me after I've saved your life, Alec. I won't have that."

more_horiz
Ari was about to pipe in on the conversation when he brought up the part about Lakai. That little bag of slut. How dare she. Ari would personally rip out her over dyed hair. " I cant believe that little... oh wait yes i can."

She glared at her brother and felt something towards Claire. She hadnt felt anything towards the infant since she was born. The moment she saw Claire she thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world. Chris had only confirmed that moments ago. Since her birth she had felt nothing. She tried so hard but she felt numb. Then she was tired all the time. Everything took too much effort. Getting dressed, eatting, caring about anything. As much as she hated to admit it she had been all too content to waste away.

Now she was feeling some mother bear instincts. She put herself between Chris and Alec. Again. It seemed like she was always doing this with them. And it was always Alec starting it. Alec the hot head. Well he wouldnt pull this shit. Not in her room. " Alec knock it off and get out!"

more_horiz
"Meanwhile i kept your pregnant girlfriend alive, oh and i had to watch her give birth without medical assistance or anything for pain! Did she tell you that part or did you skip straight to playing house with her like nothing is wrong. She needed you more than the VA needed you Sergeant Asshole!"

He crossed the room quickly. He was seeing red. He firmly grabbed Ari by her shoulders and shoved her off to the side. He really didn't want to accidentally miss and hit her. Which was a good possibility with the way he felt right now.

It wasn't the first time he did this and it probably wouldn't be his last at the rate he was going, but he blindly took a swing at Chris's jaw. Colton may have taken his bloody nose for him last time but it wouldn't happen again today. He would make sure of it.

more_horiz
Chris wasn't in a position to fight or block a punch given that he was holding Claire in his arms. He did the only thing he could think of and quickly took a step back and furrowed his brows further, holding Claire with one arm and outstretching the other, charged with electricity aimed directly for Alec. He wasn't going to let Alec's wrecklessness cause his daughter any harm no matter what. If he'd connected with the punch, he could have dropped her and given her petite size and only being days old, it could have killed her on the hard floors of the mansion.

"You're endangering my daughter acting like this," he stated, "I've never wanted to hurt you, Alec, but I'll light you up like a Christmas tree if you try anything again while I have Claire in my arms. When are you going to realize that your temper isn't going to solve anything? Can't you just talk to someone like a normal person rather than scream at them and want to fight. Especially trying to fight someone that has their own side of a story that you don't care to hear."

more_horiz
Alec glared at Chris and stared at his outstretched hand. If it didn't destroy Ari, He would have him thrown out in a heartbeat. He was so sick and tired of everyone hurting his sister. She was delicate. She wouldn't make it without him to protect her. She was so foolish. She let this guy into her heart and into her pants.

He roared in rage and punched a wall. Chris was right and he could have hurt Claire. His anger had gotten the best of him so many times. More times and more legalities involving fighting swept under the rug than he could count. " DO YOU even know what it is like to watch someone you love literally dying because they don't have the strength to keep it together!? She needed you man! As much as i LOATHE to admit it she needed you more than she needed me. HAPPY? She doesn't need me anymore!" He stopped and seemed to be shocked that he finally admitted it out loud. His sister didn't need him anymore. She wasn't a baby anymore.

more_horiz
Jake looked at Delphi and Colton as the yelling started. That didn't sound good. Not good at all.

He ran to the source of the yelling and barely missed getting hit by the inbritable Hulk AGAIN. His face was still healing from the last time. Chaos. Why was it always chaotic? Alec was yelling, Ari was on the floor, and by some miracle Claire had remained silent this entire time. She still slept in Chris' arms. He couldn't wait to hold her again.

" Are you both crazy!? we are all still on the same side ya know!" He yelled in an irritated tone.

more_horiz
It really hurt when alec shoved her. He was bigger than her and stronger than her on a good day. She was still weak and sore from delivery. 

She sat up at the floor and looked btween Alec and Chris anxiously. Chris was right he really wasnt thinking clearly. He was so angry at Chris that it was clouding his judgement. 

She stood up and held her stomach with a wince on her face. Parts were still sore. Otherwise she was fine. "I need both of you. You are both family! Stop being an idiot alec and get out of my room so that my daughter can bond with her father without your obnoxious yelling."

more_horiz
Chris heard Alec's words and put himself into his shoes for the first time realizing what he'd had to deal with and the responsibility that was on his shoulders in his absence. He lowered his hand and the electricity dissipated followed by a soft sigh and a nod. When Jake came in, his words only solidified what Chris had been thinking and he glanced over at the younger man with a nod then turned back to Alec.

"I'm sorry, Alec," he spoke up, "he's right. We're on the same side, we shouldn't be fighting all of the time. I understand what you're saying now and I'm sorry I wasn't here. To both you and Arabella. I should have been here but I wasn't and I can't change that, but I can try to do better from now on and I will. That's a promise."

He then turned to Ari when she demanded Alec leave her room and shook his head. "It's fine, sweetie. I understand where his anger comes from and Claire's still sleeping. We need to get along. We're all that's left from the mansion and we can't turn on one another now. If anything, now is the time to stand stronger than ever. MRD is still out there and we have to be strong and united to face it."

more_horiz
Traveling over the pond for the first time was a weird experience. Being in a large mansion was a weird experience, especially when one got lost. And that is what happened to Colton because he got distracted looking at some wall painting before everyone ran off. He came back to hearing the voices of people yelling. It seemed some things never changed. 

Colton walked into the room and let out a growl. "Alec for once in your damn life will you calm the hell down. I feel like I am on one of those horrible talk shows were everyone fights over stupid shit." he said in frustration before remembered there was a baby in the room. 'Oh shit...sorry forgot she was here. I am surprised she hasn't woken up from all this yelling." he said walking over to Alec's side slightly ahead of him so incase he tried to do anything stupid Colton could stop him.

more_horiz
Ari nodded and did as Chris asked her to. Her normal fighting spirit was dimmed for now on account of her weakened state. As mad as it made her brother, she would always forgive chris. 

She eased herself off of the floor and sat on the edge of the bed. Alec pushing her did not help in the slightest. 

She trusted the room now that Colton was here. He would keep her brother under control while she stepped away. She held her stomach gingerly and stood up. "Just remember alec, chris is the only reason you are allowed in here. Cause anymore trouble and im giving him permission to fry your ass.Chris...colt has helped take care of us. I know you are just seeing claire but maybe you could let him check her with his powers?" 

more_horiz
Jake went to ari's side and put an arm around her so he could help her. It pained him to see how fragile she truly was sometimes. Alec was only lucky his sister called a ceasefire. 

He glared at alec while helping his sister to the bathroom. He could feel some of what was wrong with her powers and he didn't like that she was in any kind of pain.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum