X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

The Mutant War

descriptionCompleteRe: The Mutant War

more_horiz
Adrienne's green eyes were darting from place to place, trying to gather everything in perspective. She saw that Shikon managed to deflect the nails with his body heat and that was good. But as she heard him again, it was a plea for help. "Adrienne I need you to take care of weather girl over there!" She looked at the weather woman. "I am on it!" Pulling out her daggers, and went out after the lady. Adrienne didn't think she had a chance of killing that woman, judging by how well she controled her powers, but all Adrienne could do was to try.

more_horiz
Shikon watched as Jason went to Lakai and avoided him. He chased after Jason and grabbed his hand increasing the heat in his own. It wasn't possible for Jason not to be burned. "You cocky bastard. I am your opponent." Shikon mustered all of his strength and tried to throw Jason up and over his shoulder. "You can't hurt her as long as I'm here. I let her down once. It won't ever happen again!" Shikon continued with the throwing motion as he yelled. He would protect everyone here at all costs.

more_horiz
Neal heard several rapid fire pop-pop-pop-pop-pop shot coming from his M-16, he slowly opened his eyes and saw Loika rushing towards Peter Jackson. He nearly froze when he saw how she spun Peter around to shield him with her own body as he shot. He saw her clutching her chest and fell down. "SHIT!" He yelled. Loika's love for Peter was just unbelievable. She was willing to sacrifice herself for this guy! Her love for him knew no limits.

Neal should admit he was mistaken about their relationship. He just gave them a month. But it seemed they were really invincible. And Loika just proved it to him. Like all love stories, this one had its ups and downs, however this seemingly incompatible couple continued to bring out the best in each other. Neal just witnessed how Loika became braver because of him. He didn't know what secret they had to have a staying power of a romance that seemed doomed from the start.

Next, Neal saw Lakai Faelith. "Is she still on their side?" She obviously tried to kill him and Evelyn but, what's really on her mind now?

Then Neal faced Peter. He dropped the M-16 and made his way to Peter. He had only taken three steps when a lightning appeared. He ignored it since the bolt was really not intended for him. "Alright Peter. That's what you want? Okay. " He replied.

"But first of all, let me apologize to you. I haven't been fair to you. I am sorry, Peter. I mean, really, I'm sorry that the X-Men are gonna get crushed by the Brotherhood. And also sorry that you don't have enough strength to beat me. Sorry that you fight like you've been asleep for years and someone just woke you up and when you get hurt, it seems that you're getting circumcised without anesthesia." Neal paused. He never stepped down from a challenge. Never. And Peter's invitation had made him aware that he would not easily back down either. If he was looking for a hand to hand combat, he would happily oblige him. Obviously, his feeble magnetic and telepathic powers were no match for his.

"And I also want to congratulate you. Loika picked you and she loves you more than she loved me. It's fine. But it doesn't mean you already won because that cannot change the fact that that you're still unlikeable LOSER. And I pretty much feel like punching you every time I see you." He said as he ran, and then did a fast spin and snapped off a kick, hoping to hit Peter's gut.

more_horiz
"Shikon!" yelled Jason. "Your attempt at controlling Lakai is pitiful. To control Lakai is like trying to control fire, impossible!" Jason wasn't going to kill Lakai, but a searing pain of burning was transmitted to his brain, making Jason let go of Lakai. He looked at Shikon and threw a punch, aiming at his stomach. Whether it did much damage or not, was to be found later. "Athena, behind you." said Jason as he watched Adrienne Kerwin sneaking up behind her.

more_horiz
Loika looked annoyed as she picked the bullets out of herself. She worked quickly to get them out before her wounds healed shut. She tossed aside the spent bullets and got herself up. She put herself between the two men again. " Would you two STOP! I love both of you. Neal you were my first love but you broke my heart and my trust! You still want me in your life we can be friends. You dont like that choice then say goodbye now." She had a hand planted on each man's chest to keep them apart. " Peter i know you feel protective of me and you want to prove im yours but we have bigger problems right now! Like our family is getting slaughtered!"

more_horiz
Peter knew that he might not have power to kill Neal, but he sure as hell wasn't going to give up now. Everything that happened so far, was a direct result of Brotherhood being involved where they shouldn't have stuck their ugly faces. It was all their fault that it all came down to this. Acting like animals and barbarians, Peter has never seen Jason act or behave the way he did now. It was as if someone else was controlling him. Of course, it was all a made believe story, but Peter had to fight for something.

As Pete looked at Neal with hateful expression, inside of him a fire burned so hot that any minute now, he would be engulfed in its flames and fighting like he wasn't afraid dying. In fact, Pete wasn't afraid of dying. Nothing scared him anymore. Not Ackerman, not Brotherhood, not Lakai...no one! Watching him drop his M-16, Peter laughed. "That gun wouldn't do you any good anyway," said Peter as he listened to Ackerman blabber about how sorry he was. "And I am sorry, you can never be loved by anyone. I am sorry, you turned out to be an asshole no one likes or ever wants around. I am so sorry, the girl of your dreams, chose me. I had no control over that. As long as you are an idiot that you are today, no one will love you. You think there is a future for you out there?" Peter shook his head, clinching his fists. "But there is no future for you...you were destined to die of old age, alone and miserable. And I hope that's how you will spend your days."

Then, without thinking, Peter threw a punch at Neal's face.

more_horiz
Loika let out a startled yelp. She had been standing between the two boys trying to keep them apart. Peter's rage had blinded him. He knocked loika down and clipped her when he threw a swing at Neal. She look up at the boys stunned. She had been knocked to her butt. She rubbed her jaw where he grazed her.

more_horiz
Lakai snarled when someone grabbed her. She then yowled in pain and shifted back to her human form. She clawed despirately at Jason's hands with her fingernails like a cornered cat. " Stoppit i wont tell you anything you can go to hell! You are hurting me! Let go you are hurting my burns!" Her face switched back and fourth from angry to frightened. When Jason didnt let her go she resported to screaming loudly.

more_horiz
Mackenzie stayed near Jason throughout the battle. If She got into any trouble she knew Jason had her back. For now it was jason in trouble. While Jason had a hold on her aunt she stepped forward and quickly forced aunty lakai to look her in the eyes. " You are feeling very sluggish, you ran a marathon today. Your arms and legs are tired. You should relax a little. Get some rest. You did well." Mack spoke directly into Lakai's brain and smirked when aunty lakai stopped struggling against Mr Jason so much. She smiled up at Mr Jason. " That wont hold her very long but it will buy us some time. Her mind is a mess. She thinks shes all burned up and something about spiders or drowning. Is aunty Lakai okay?"

more_horiz
Shikon shuddered as the blow hit his stomach. He continued to hold Jason's wrist constantly increasing the heat. He looked over at Makenzie. "I'm not trying to control her! I swore I'd protect her! You people wouldn't understand anything!" Shikon stared back at Jason and sent a few punches towards his face. "You're weak."

more_horiz
When his feet was about to hit Peter, Loika put herself between them again and had a hand planted on Neal chest to keep him apart from Peter. Neal shook his head, and looked away from Loika's eyes.

He frowned upon hearing Loika's words. He never intended to leave her. He didn't want to break her heart. How many times he had to say that! All of these people including this couple who call themselves normal just couldn't understand the reasons for all of these. They make him worse, more irritable, angry and his mouth shoots bullets of words that could kill them.

Where was Neal's thinking leading to with all these? He was leading them to understand the misunderstood. To understand him. He couldn't help it. He didn't need their dose of scolding about what a terrible person he was and why he couldn't stop behaving like a buzzing, stinging bee. He didn't need to be told he would never find someone to love because no woman could tolerate his badassness. He didn't need to be told he would end up living alone. Because he would.

"Don't you hear what Loika said? SHE LOVES ME TOO!"
He yelled. "And I don't care if no one wants me around. Everyone hates me because I keep on telling the real thing they don't want to hear and it hits them like a wrecking ball. They hate me because they cant recover their broken egos!" He said laughing evily again clearly not using an inside voice. "And you're askin me about my future? Well, I am a destroyer and will remain a destroyer. Nothing humans and even you're team can do will meet my demands and needs. I will forever destroy until I have a world of my own. I will control this world whether you like it or not. And this world will be achieved by conquest and watch out... because it's starting now!" Neal smiled at him. "Now you know my future."

And then when Peter threw a punch, Neal quickly block the punch with his forearms and he turned just in time and took the hard kick, aimed against his thigh.

more_horiz
Athena kept her arms raised to skies and pretty soon, hail began to fall size of a golf ball. She kept the winds away from her, and toward Brotherhood members, when Athena heard for some girl to take care of a weather woman, she assumed it was her and she was right in that assumption. Not far from her, was running a girl with daggers in her arms. Athena smirked and looked at her, did she really thought she had a chance. With a flick of her wrist, a lightning bolt escaped her finger tips and was flying toward the girl. She just hopped she didn't miss.

more_horiz
Peter buckled down on one leg when Neal kicked him in a thigh. But it wasn't going to stop Peter from telling Neal what was on his mind and what he thought of the situation. He stood up quickly and looked at Loika as she stood between Peter and Neal and tried to break up the fight. How could he possibly not fight, when everyone else was, he didn't want to hurt Loika, but it seemed impossible, she was in away. "WHAT HAVE YOU TOLD THEM THAT'S A REAL THING? YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYONE! No, the reason they don't like you or want you are around is because YOU ARE KILLING SENSELESSLY! MURDERER! You are even worse then Rachel Mason ever was, at least she had the decency to protect them later. Those humans...they didn't do anything to you or your family. You can't punish the entire race for something only few did to you."

Peter was so angry that Ackerman kept sticking to that same old, bullshit story about how he was telling people what they didn't want to hear. He wasn't a mind reader and he wasn't able to get into people's mind. Then, how the hell was he telling them the "real thing". He made a grimace which looked more like something was stinking. "You just proved my point. You are senseless, cruel person. You don't give a shit about anyone, not even your own kind. But good luck with trying to control this world. Call me in about thirty years and tell me how's it going. I am sure I'll have a good laugh out of that one."

Peter then pushed Loika out of the way as he pulled out another handful of nails and threw them at Neal, sweeping his hand across the air, hopping that some would hurt him. There was no arguing with that loser.

more_horiz
" Peter no you cant do this!" She struggled against Peter pushing her but he was determined. He was going to be in so much freaking trouble later. For now she had to stop them. She was too late though and Peter was throwing nails. She couldnt watch and she covered her eyes quickly. She couldnt stand to watch Peter kill Neal.

more_horiz
Lakai snarled as her body refused to obey her. It betrayed her and it was the kid's doing. Her body stopped working on its own and she collapsed onto her stomach. She growled and struggled against Mackenzie's power but it was no use. She tried to snap at Mack but her jaw refused to move. She laid there with her body feeling like lead.

more_horiz
Jason clenched his teeth as pain seared deeply into his skin and he was forced to let go of whatever he was holding. He knew there was something wrong, but Jason had no idea what it was. There was just so much in Lakai's brain that he could barely try and figure out, besides he didn't have the time. Then, Mackie came to him, "Mackie, darlin' you shouldn't even be here. This is no way to grow up. I know you want to help us, but we can't keep an eye on you all the time."

more_horiz
" Im not a normal kid Mr Andrews i can take it! Everyone else is fighting i can too! Besides i saved your ass didnt i!?" Mackenzie furrowed her brows, much like her mother did when she was frustrated or annoyed. She looked down at Lakai who was struggling at her feet. The mental blocks she had put up werent going to hold long but they were going to buy time.

She looked up and saw Adrienne going after Miss Coleman. She gave Jason a snarky look, this time looking more like her dad. " Sorry Mr Jason people need help!" Before Jason could grab or stop her she was running into the fight.

more_horiz
"No! You're the one who don't know shit about anyone! About me!" He hissed. This never ending struggle- who knew better.

"See... You are so confident to say that these humans didn't harm me or my family. Why are you so sure? Have you witnessed my life? Or you just make it up? A lot of people out there malign and harm me and my family because they who do not know any better, believe that mutants like me we’re cruel and cursed." Neal smirked. "But is it only me alone? Why these humans cant see that they too are cruel, dangerous and cursed! I just cant believe that no one else, even their government and religion is complaining about the bashers, accusers and mutant assassins who slayed many mutants and even killed their fellow humans... like... like my parents!"He said with a loud voice. A flash quickly followed by a deafening bang illuminated the whole battlefield as a storm appeared above them. Rain started to fall until it became a torrential downpour. Another flash and bang and Neal paused looking as if he did not notice the bone chilling rain.

"Yes it is easy for me to have explained my side, but how can I defend myself without destroying humans no matter that they are EVIL? I could not in all conscience correct the bad impression these humans gave to me and to my kind. The truth is: This impression is the deceptive device they used to hook more people. I kept myself for years, not wanting to rock their world but they are wrecking MINE!" Neal smiled once and then turned away. Neal hated humans with very great hatred. He would do everything he could possibly do to see the people in great distress. He would do everything until he witness how these people would spent their days counting the dead and nights mourning them. Every day there were new deaths and every night more people to mourn. He would do everything to see the river of blood entered the town, knocking at every door, hissing at every resident. Young and old, men, women and children, all should suffered.

"I am not a wimp, never been one, but we all have limitations. I have protected, helped, and saved humans all the years I spent with X-Men. But they have pushed many of us to the wall. There’s no other way but for me to defend my name! I would do my best to protect my kind against the threats of these humans but if those mutants are like you, like Rachel Mason and the rest of your gang who are such suckers for helping the humans who are oppressing them, then they have to forgive me, 'coz I gonna explode them too. This is the time that powerful mutants like me should establish themselves in this world. " Neal paused as if something stuck in his throat. He stared at Peter for a second and then he proceeded, "Well I know you will do all your best to hasten our plan to rule this world or you can equally retard it. However, I think it is better for you to help us so as to avoid our constructive powers being turned into a destructive power which will overthrow the world." He said with an oddly laugh.

Peter then suddenly, threw nails at Neal. He swiftly summoned a violent gust of wind that would knock anything flying. Unfortunately, Neal had not noticed some nails surpassed the wind and were still approaching him therefore he was not prepared for when they suddenly started to assault him. He immediately dived out of the way of the oncoming nails.

Neal waved his hand and a flash appeared as the bolt of lightning raced behind Peter, that might him in his shoulder. The thunder sounded like a sudden crash. Neal stood up and he could feel many bruises and slashes from the sharp irons. He doubted these things would kill him but they would keep him distracted.

"You just prove to me that you're a CHEATER! I thought this game is going to be a hand to hand combat? Didn't you're the one who set the rules but you're the one who also broke it. " Neal frowned and smirked"Huh?! Whatever!!! What do I expect from you?!"

more_horiz
Shikon snarled at Jason. He saw a bolt of lightning flying towards Adrienne. "Adrienne look out! Adrienne!" the bolt came down and there was too much light to really see anything where Adrienne is. Shikon pushed Jason away letting go of his wrist.

"I'm going to kill all of you." Shikon looked at Jason and held his hands in the air. Slowly a circle of flames grew around Jason's feet spinning in a constant circle. He was going to die. Shikon was going to make sure that none of the X-Men made it out alive. It was all their faults.

more_horiz
Jason felt pain slowly disappearing, but something else was on horizon. A circle of flames, began to encircle them. No way was Mackie was going to die, not today! Jason grabbed Mackie by the hand and then they time jumped. They were now standing behind Shikon about twenty minutes into the future, and a circle was now in front of them. Jason let go of Mackie and looked her in the eyes. "I know I kept telling you not to invade people's minds, right? Well...now is the time to disobey me. The fella in front of us is a bad guy. So, if we combine our telepathic powers, we might be able to subdue him and bring him to his knees." said Jason as he turned to look at Shikon.

He was ready for the attack. He just hopped Mackie was as well. Jason figured if they brought down the Brotherhood leader, everyone was going to give up, unless they didn't care about Shikon, then, it would be evident.

more_horiz
Mackenzie flinched when she thought she was gunna die. She wished she was as brave as her mom and dad. She was okay though cause Mr Jason Saved her. She agreed with her mommy and she hated time travel. It made her tummy feel icky.

She nodded and listened to Mr Jason as he gave her orders. She felt a little proud that he actually needed her help. She turned back to Shikon and concentrated as hard as she could. She was diving deeper into his mind than she ever had on anyone. She reached out and grabbed mr Jason's hand to combine their powers.

more_horiz
"I am done fighting with you over something stupid as a girl! You have obviously stuck in this love triangle and can't get yourself out. I am not discussing this with you anymore. If you have a problem with what Loika have decided, then you talk to her." said Peter angrily. He was tired talking to Neal about the same thing and he was not going to do it any longer. He knew he broke his own rules when he said no powers. But this was Ackerman we are talking about, not just your average human on the streets.

When Peter threw another set of nails at Neal, he didn't think he'd be able to hit him, but when some did, Peter felt powerful. "You know what, I honestly don't give rat's ass about who you kill or what you do. If you have a death wish then, it's fine by me. But do not come between me and Loika. We have a good thing going and if you try to destroy it, I will not hesitate to kill you and I would rather avoid the mess. You can kill as many humans as you want, but you will always be that power hungry psychopath nobody wants to around."

Peter teleported back to where Mackie was standing with Jason. He as going to protect his daughter. Then, there was Lakai, whom Peter itched to kill long time ago.

more_horiz
Neal couldn't believe that Peter Jackson didn't care about human deaths. Neal had been an X-Men and therefore he knew what was their calling. X-Men's job was to protect the public at all costs, sacrifice themselves if necessary to save civilians, chief of them women and children, and uphold peace and unity at all times.

Clearly, Peter Jackosn spat on his X-Men uniform the moment he said those words. This only meant that Brotherhood already won the battle. X-Men was now starting to sink. Professor X built the group as he established it's missions and visions but unfortunately, the new generation of his kids couldn't able to continue his legacy.

The consequences of speaking those things for the X-Men would have been no less steep. The consequences for the notable heroes such as Wolverine and Storm who were still using their powers for the benefit of humanity, would have been no less stark. That he said he didn't care about humans in a way that would have done the Brotherhood, especially Neal proud. If Professor X and other X-men before him were here, they would possibly suggest that the least he deserved was to be ditched in an unmarked grave in the same state he came into this earth.

X-Men would possibly consider him so selfish that he could think only of himself and his love one and not of others. But for Neal, his words meant a Win-Win for him. Peter Jackson clearly gave up. "Suck so bad Peter, we win!" Neal said.

Neal was about to attack again when Peter disappeared from his sight and decided to run. It seemed that Neal's mind had forgotten how to function, and had resorted to repeating the same action, over, and over again. Peter teleported and did not confront him -- Peter's mistake.

Neal wanted to rise to the challenge that Peter had presented him with; it was as though his fear of seeing a bloodied version of Loika's love one had momentarily faded into nonexistence, leaving the poltergeist with no other emotion but anger and irritation. For the first time in a year, Neal felt as though he had gained control.

Neal took the dagger attached to his belt but he’d begun to lower the weapon when he saw Loika. However, there was something wrong within his eyes. Despite the fact that Neal had dropped his right arm at his side once more, that dark glimmer of danger remained just beneath his eyes.

Neal stared down the tip of the polished blade, a little thing that seemed to grow out of his hand. After a moment’s silence or, as silent as it could get on the battle field, He ran towards Peter, took him by the hair and attempted to plunge the weapon into Peter's back with as much force as he could possibly discharge. "Don't you turn your back on me!" He said.

more_horiz
Shikon noticed that they were gone. There was nothing in the circle anymore. "You bastard." After a few minutes of looking around he spotted them behind him. He turned and as he did he felt something probing his mind. No. Not this time. Hurt me all you want I won't be brought to my knees again he thought as he slowly step by step walked closer and closer to Jason and Mackenzie. "Mackenzie move. I'm not going to hurt you." Shikon felt his breathing get more and more shallow.

I know what I have to do. Break the concentration of the two he thought. With a mighty effort he raised four walls of flames around the two of them. "I won't hurt you Mackenzie because I don't want to hurt your mother. You Jason hwoever, won't be spared." The fun was over. Shikon intended to kill Jason here and now, and look on his face meant it as the wind slowly started to blow. "Remember you brought this upon yourself." Shikon focused his thoughts, which was hard from the constant pounding of the two psychics, and forced the walls of flames to slowly start closing in.

more_horiz
Jason took Mackie's hand as they combine their powers. He part of his powers slipped through Mackenzie and he was able to see what Mackie was thinking, but it mattered not to him at the moment. He gritted his teeth as all of the minds around him, exploded inside of him, like carton of milk spilled on a ground. He has never linked these many minds to his, and after today, Jason never wanted to do that again. "Mackenzie, stand your ground. If he doesn't want to hurt you, that means he is not going to harm me as well."

"Surrender, Shikon...you'll never get out of here alive." said Jason as he looked down and clenched Mackie's hand tightly. Probing Shikon's mind was like going through tons of garbage. He saw Shikon's most recent memories, fighting with Blade, helping Lakai. He was not a bad man, but his little bad of psychopaths was ruining an image for the rest of mutants.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum